[Project #7] Research Report

My project is to introduce Jean-Luc Godard, who is a film director, screenwriter, and film critic. 

When I was looking for information about this director, I found out that he was one of the first people of the New Wave, so I wanted to put his "new" and McLuhan's "new" together. In the process of thinking about it, I went to see the director's first film, Breathless, and at first I didn't see anything different or new about it. But when I remembered that he made such a film in 1960, I thought it was a great film. At that time, I thought it was a very powerful innovation. It's also because the general public is now using this kind of editing technique that I didn't think his film was special, which is why it shows Jean-Luc Godard's specialness and innovation.


McLuhan's <The Medium is the Massage> also shows his innovation, and his ideas were ahead of their time and new in the society. Also in the present society, we will find that many of the things he said are indeed true. These two points are the most similarities between McLuhan's book and Jean-Luc Godard. This is perhaps why Quentin Fiore used Jean-Luc Godard's film <Breathless> in it.


PPTX link here.

评论

  1. I'm sorry this is a late comment (I procrastinated), but I really loved your presentation! Perhaps I am biased (I had Jean Seberg who starred in his film, Breathless), but I like how clearly you contextualized Godard's films and that you added a bunch of quotes to support your thesis.

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Reflection of Artist Talk 2—Gina Adams

[Project #1] My World

[Project #3] Something is Happening