Reflection of Artist Talk 2—Gina Adams


Treaty with The New York Indians - Front (Photos from Gina Adams's Website)

"For me this discovery signified the need to educate people about the existence of the treaties, making it personal so that more will take up the cause of honoring the treaties." ---Gina Adams (Quote from Gina Adams's Website)

Just like Gina said, if I hadn't watched her artist talk, I might not know these regulations and the stories behind them. People need to know these things. As an artist, turning these historical regulations into works of art will attract our attention. When I was attending the artist talk, I was attracted when I first saw the words on these quilts. Every quilts' color and hand-made words attracted my attention and made me want to read it carefully. Therefore, we need such artists to speak for the trauma of history. 

I really like her "requirement" of vision for wearing Medallions. Hope that everyone who wears Medallions can abide by these rules and make a little contribution to this matter. Gina said that her medal was designed for a walk in the forest with Annie. This coincides with the idea in my heart. Art comes from life. We need to take a walk in nature frequently, and we will find many different landscapes, which will bring us inspiration while relaxing. 

“The young today live mythically and in depth. But they encounter instruction in situations organized by means of classified information-subjects are unrelated, they are visually conceived in terms of a blueprint.” (McLuhan 100) This quote has similar parts to Gina's philosophy, and artistic education will be more effective. People now need to understand the trauma of history, but most people do not have the opportunity and interest to search. So, Gina's art is particularly important. 

Treaty with The New York Indians - Back (Photos from Gina Adams's Website)


评论

  1. I also loved her ideas for the medallions. She is giving people little pieces of history, and thus it is theirs to protect and be responsible for.

    回复删除
  2. THANKS FOR PROVIDE ME A NEW ANGLE TO SEE THAT ART!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

[Project #1] My World

[Project #3] Something is Happening