[Project #6] Everything We Do (Is Music) Soundscape

  “Listeners could memorize with greater ease what was sung than what was said.” (McLuhan 114) For me, sound is the main source of my memory. If I hear a piece of music at a certain point in time, then when I hear it again, I can remember what happened at that time. This is an amazing ability for me. I believe many people can feel this way.

1-min sound here

This piece of music was wrote during a very quiet and beautiful afternoon during my reading period. It reminds me of the light music I listened to when I was in junior high school. Our teacher played light music for us everyday when we were in the break time after lunch. Its emotional changes are quite obvious, at first it was like just getting up, everything was quiet. Slowly the music became beautiful, warm and a little bit sad, like walking to a forest hut with a stove on a snowy winter night. This is actually my own problem. When I feel warm, it always accompanied by the feeling of sad. Although it is a bit inexplicable, this is really what I feel. So the place where it ends is actually more like the beginning of a music, or a song that hasn't ended yet. I like this ending, because as I said, this piano piece is a bit sad for me, so that the ending will bring me unlimited imagination, and a feeling of unlimited hope waiting for me in the future.

评论

  1. I love your sound, it's really beautiful. I also like how you describe the nostalgic and sad feeling of it to you, but the hopefulness of the end. Great job!

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Reflection of Artist Talk 2—Gina Adams

[Project #1] My World

[Project #3] Something is Happening