[Project #1] My World

I

Hi! I'm Xiyue Zhang, and feel free to call me Sally. I'm from China, a country contains profound and lasting history. I was born in 2001, the second year of 21st century, which is an era of rapid development of information technology. Recently, I love sound very much: Sound editing, sound design, and play music. My world is quite simple, only consists of the Internet, film, and sound. But my world is also enriched because of the Internet, film, and sound. Also, my idols. 


My Daily Life

When I was in the primary school, my daily life: Go to the school, do my homework, and go outside to play with other children in the community. Now, my daily life: Go to the school, do my homework, stay at home to play with my phone and computer and to see films which only can be seen in the cinema in the past. The developments of medium do offer a more convenient life for us, but sometimes it leads to the lack of interpersonal communication and outdoor activities. 


My "Job"

I worked in a post-production company this summer and I learned a lot from those people in the company. So, maybe I will do the job about sound and film in that kind of company. Because of my work experience this summer, I am very excited about my future's job. I think that I find a new way to satisfy my world. So, if I am a filmmaker, the medium is important to me. We need many machines to make a film in both pre-production and post-production processes. So, the development of film industry's medium seems more important. But in the other industries which have fungible would feel more anxious. In recent years, I found that many receptionists in banks or hotels were changed by robots, which means the people who originally work in the banks or hotels as receptionists will face unemployed. 

"Innumerable confusions and a profound feeling of despair invariably emerge in periods of great technological and cultural transitions." (P8, The Medium Is The Massage)


My Experiences 

My life is actually very monotonous. But I found a lot of magical and interesting things that happened on the other people in the internet. These things can enrich my spiritual level. Just like many actors said, "One of the reasons that I became an actor/actress is that I can experience many different people's lives, and it enriches my spirit." Internet is this kind of medium, which can help me to explore many things that maybe I cannot experience at all. 

"'The Medium is the Massage' is a look-around to see what's happening." (P10, The Medium Is The Massage)


My Thoughts

Sometimes, I used to think about what influenced my views on the world, life, and values. I found that most is from the Internet. But is this effect positive? I think it's hard to say. From my perspectives, I think the Internet makes a good effect on me in most aspects. So, what kind of person I become through the Internet's effects? Or what kind of person do I want to be through the Internet? I think first and the most important thing is to always keep thinking. Sometimes, the Internet gives me this ability. 



评论

  1. Yes, I agree that the internet influence people's view of life. You receives others' values and be influenced. Sometimes a great idea might make the public follow like sheep. It's good that we can share and learn with one another on internet, but it makes it hard for one to keep one's own style.

    回复删除

发表评论

此博客中的热门博文

Reflection of Artist Talk 2—Gina Adams

[Project #3] Something is Happening